Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Mick Dundee and Other Weekend Fun

My dad and I woke up early Friday morning to go shopping!  I have mostly sworn off Black Friday shopping since my retail days ended, but it was fun to tag along.  Fleet Farm was giving away stuffed koalas to the first 500 guests.  There was a ridiculous line so we didn't think there would be any left (and I didn't want one anyway.)  To our surprise there were still some available.  I stuck to my guns and refused the koala, but my dad grabbed one.  Before we were even home I was coveting the super soft plushy fellow.  It was proclaimed that the koala would live at Grandpa and Nana's for Esme when she visits.  Since Esme can't name her we threw around some (Australian) options and he was dubbed Mick Dundee.  Esme loves him already!
Four day weekends are a glorious thing.  You get through two days and still have a WHOLE weekend left!  Saturday was pretty relaxing.  We watched my cousin Kaylee play on YouTube.  OK State is broadcasting all their home games online this year, which means we get to watch a lot more!
We went to the Mall of America for dinner and to stretch our legs.  We tried out a new place, Naf Naf Grill.  They serve a variety of Middle Eastern food.  We tried the chicken and steak shawarma in pita.  I wasn't a huge fan of the spice combination, but will probably go again and try the falafel.
Parker enjoyed his pizza as always and Esme was just along for the ride.
The St. Paul Children's Museum will be shutting down this weekend for a few months to finalize renovations, so we will be frequenting the MOA location more.  They have been switching up the exhibits every few months, which is nice.  The current main one is Curious George and there are SO MANY wheels to spin.  Parker is in heaven!
Esme even found a little wheel at her level.
Esme was having a pretty rough time with teething, so I took Parker to church by myself.  After that my parents and I checked out the Linden Hills Holiday Market.  We went two years ago and I was excited to go again.
We didn't get anything as far as craft vendors go, but I got a tamale that I loved (I got another on the way out and one for Jimmy.)  My parents also found some Chinese food so good that they went back for more too (I may have helped eat it!)  They have new vendors every week, so I may go back again before it ends.
This week is Parker's birthday and we have lots of fun planned.  I can't wait to share it will you!

No comments:

Post a Comment