Saturday, September 10, 2016

Bubba and Beer Date Night

Jimmy and I had a kidless date last night!  I still had a birthday reward for Landry's restaurants, so we went to Bubba Gump Shrimp at the Mall of America.  I always get Shrimper's Heaven and it was delicious as always.  Jimmy went the shrimp route as well in sandwich form!
We strolled around the mall a bit, which seemed strange without a stroller.  We found a voice chair to sit in and did some window shopping.
One of the newest mall attractions is the Crayola Experience.  We have several friends who have gone and loved it, but I don't think Parker is quite ready for it yet.  We decided that in about 3 years he might be ready and Esme will be able to enjoy it as well.  They have a retail store with a station to make your own coloring page.  We printed off a couple of us for Parker to scribble on.
After the mall we went to Insight Brewing.  I have been wanting to check it out since last year because I sold them some laser cut metal they put on the walls of their taproom.  They have one for each of the 5 signature beers as well as the main logo.  I put off a trip once I got pregnant because what's the point if you cant try the beer!

We got a flight of 6 samples.  We aren't really beer people, but all of them were ok, except for the Banshee Cutter, which neither of us cared for.  It was the only one we didn't finish.
They don't have a kitchen, but do have daily food trucks and allow you to bring your own food.  They also have a bunch of games you can play, so we grabbed Yahtzee.  Jimmy started out slow, but ended with TWO Yahtzees and smoked me!  We were home by 9 and both fell asleep while watching Kung Fu Panda 3!  What a crazy life we live!

No comments:

Post a Comment