Saturday, May 30, 2015

42 Months

I haven't done an age milestone update in a while so I thought I would throw a a quick one out.  Parker is 3 1/2 years old today, 42 months!  

He had his well-child appointment on Wednesday and is growing like a week (man is that ever a "mom" thing to say!)  He grew almost 3" over the last 6 months!  That makes sense since it seemed like all his pants were magically shrinking towards the end of winter.  He also passed a major weight milestone.  Officially he is 30.6 lbs!  We have been waiting forever for him to finally hit 30 lbs.  He was in clothes and a diaper, but it still counts!  He has been doing great in school and at therapy.  His last day for the year is Wednesday, but he will be going back for part of the summer.

He did have a major breakdown at the doctor.  He is always a bit fussy, but usually tolerates things.  He was very resistant to getting weighed and started screaming when we laid him on the table to get measured.  That was just the beginning.  He remained very upset for most of the appointment.  Not even a cupcake calmed him down.  My ears were in rough shape by the time we left.  Once his shoes were back on he started saying "ah da" (all done.)  He has gotten very good at communicating when he is done or wants to be done.

He has also been singing "E-I-E-I-O" for quite some time, but added the lead up to it tonight.  It's his own jargon, but very intentional.
I took a few pictures with his blocks at bedtime too!
 "Oh my gosh, mom!  Can you believe I am 3 1/2 already?"
Nope, I can't!  Time is going by way too fast these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment