Thursday, January 2, 2014

Looking to 2014

2013 was such an beautiful, surprising and challenging year for me.  For our family.  I had a few very low moments, but even more that I am immensely proud of.

I am so proud of and thankful for Parker.  He is the biggest blessing of my life.  He had so many things thrown at him in 2013, but he has muscled through.  I am so proud of all the things he has learned and the progress he is making.  I am so excited to see how many more amazing milestones he reaches this year.

I also could not have been gifted with a better husband than Jimmy.  He has taken on much of the responsibility of Parker's therapy.  He takes him to the clinic 2 days a week and meets with the early childhood educator once a week.  I know this has added much chaos and stress to his life, but I am so grateful and proud of how he has stepped up to help out Parker.

Personally, I am proud of the progress I have made to get healthy. While I didn't meet my ideal goal, I did lose 35 pounds last year!  I still have 54 to go and think this can be the year to make it all the way! I have some fun motivation in mind for this year, so stay tuned to hear about my adventures!

I always have a tough time with New Year's resolutions.  I never keep them and usually feel bad about it.  But, I suppose it is never a bad thing to have positive aspirations for you life, so I will make some.

     -Get organized (and stay that way!)  I already started this during my week off for Christmas with organizing our linen closet and doing a major overhaul of our storage area!  I want to continue this throughout the rest of our house as well.
     -Be more patient.  This will be a tough one, but I am going to give it the ole college try!  Along with this, I like to have control and have things done my way!  Jimmy has been victim to this on too many occasions.  I need to chill out and just let things happen.  (I may need to be given some grace and patience on this one as well!)
     -Make a budget.  Jimmy and I have been skirting around this one for a while, but I think this is the year!  We are going to have more medical expenses with Parker's therapy so it just makes sense!

I suppose that is enough for now.  I hope you have some great plans for 2014 too!

No comments:

Post a Comment