Sunday, December 1, 2013

Growing Smaller Update

I was kind of nervous for my weigh-in today.  I usually weigh myself each day, but I didn't do that for the last week or so.  I was doing well, but you have seen all the food temptations I have had over the last few days.  Fortunately, I have good news.  I made my goal to lose 8 lbs.  I was hoping for more, but slowed down aver the last few weeks.  208 is my current weight.  I was also able to dig out some more old clothes that I haven't been able to wear in YEARS!

I also had a check-up this week with my doctor and it was mixed news.  My A1C (measure of blood sugar) has improved and is being maintained well on my current dose of Metformin, but I still need to work on getting to a point where it can be steady without medication.  My cholesterol was a bit high for the diabetes ranking so I will need to work on improving that as well.  I will probably be looking into some recipes to help with this.  

My goal for the next 2 months is 9 lbs.  This will put me in the magical place of ONEderland!  If it happens sooner you will certainly hear about it.  I have 3 weeks to work hard before the deliciousness of Christmas gatherings!  

No comments:

Post a Comment