Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Happy Tears

In the 3 months (from Friday) since our Autism journey began I have not any happy tears. Tonight was the first (of many, I hope.) About a week ago I mentioned how much better Parker has become during bedtime prayers. I always go directly into prayer after singing "Jesus Loves Me." Without noticing, I didn't do that tonight. Parker was in my lap, he grabbed my hands and put them together. It took me a moment to realize what he was doing, then it took my breath away.  He has done similar things in the past, but it meant so muh more this time. Prayer is becoming part of his routine. Hopefully it will now forever be an important part of his life. Parker is my perfect little blessing from God and I was given an extra little gift tonight. That moment has more than made up for all the angry and sad tears from the last few months.  "Mom" is my favorite title, by far!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet story!
    I'm so glad you got to shed some happy tears :)

    ReplyDelete