Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I had a wonderful Mother's day this year!  We spent Saturday evening with Jimmy's whole family.  His mom, Cherry, made a WONDERFUL meal of beer beef sandwiches and sides.  I don't tell her enough, but I am really grateful to have her for a mother-in-law.

This may sound strange, but I spent Sunday morning without Parker!  Church was in need of volunteers for children's programming so I subbed for both services.  It felt nice to serve other moms.  After church I went to my parents house.  Jimmy met us there later after work.  We took a ride in the workman (see below.)  I am so glad summer is coming!  I love heading out to my parents and enjoying a tiny bit of country!
My gift was wonderful (albeit a necessary purchase.)  A couple weeks ago I mentioned that I was in a car accident.  My car was totaled so we were on the hunt for a new vehicle!  Lucky for us, we have been shopping for a while, anticipating upgrading in the next year.  We found a great deal on the model were were eyeing up (even a year earlier than planned!)  It is a Chevy Equinox.  We knew that it would be ideal to have a larger vehicle with more cargo room if or when we had another baby (no, this is not a pregnancy announcement!)  I really love it!
My mom gilled chicken and we just had fun hanging out!  My mom and I weren't super close growing up, but our adult years have brought us closer.  I really appreciate everything she does for me and my family (personally and professionally - I work with her too!)  I realized I have far too few pictures of her and I together.  I feel like I could have gone through years of photos and not found one.  So I grabbed the picture from my wedding.
After we got home I found a sweet card from Parker (from daycare.)  It put a great cap on a wonderful day!
Happy (belated) Mother's Day to all you mommies out there!  I hope you got some love from you little (or big) ones!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Very nice car! Hope that we get to see Parker (and Jimmy and you) very soon!

    ReplyDelete