Tuesday, February 14, 2012

House projects and preparing to return to work...

The Herrmann house has been busy!  I spent this last weekend working on some aesthetic updates to our bathroom.  I painted the vanity white and replaced the brass hardware with nickel.  I still need to replace the beige TP holder and will be replacing the sink, faucet and counter top soon!

Next on our to-do list is our basement family room! This room just screams 1975 and I am so excited to get started. We are tearing down the ceiling and paneling, installing recessed lighting, putting up drywall and replacing the carpet. We don't have any carpet on our main level so it will be a great place for Parker to play and learn to crawl and walk. We already have our new couch purchased and can't wait to get started. It will only take a couple weeks to finish! Below are a couple before pictures.

This week is also my last full week of maternity leave. I am trying to soak up every moment I can with Parker. The last 11 weeks have been so amazing. While going back to work is going to be hard, I know he will be in good hands. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone, my little guy is growing way too fast! I will always cherish this time we had together.
Mommy's Valentine

No comments:

Post a Comment