Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Heat of Summer

I can't believe it's the middle of summer already!  I feel like there are so many things I wanted to get done and so few have been accomplished.  One thing I didn't miss this year is Cow Appreciation Day. You can get a free meal at Chick-fil-A just by dressing like a cow!  You can also get just a free entree with a single article of cow apparel or a cow accessory.  Cows are my very favorite animal, I even have them all over my kitchen.  Combine that will a deep love for Chick-fil-A and you have a match made in heaven.  Jimmy was with Parker at therapy so they couldn't come along (Jimmy was a bit relieved!)  My outfit was a bit thrown together, but it did the job.  I have plans to get a bit fancier next year!
We've had mostly great weather the last few weeks and have be able to spend a lot of time outside.  Parker has recently discovered the gaps in the neighbors fence and has become quite the spy.  We know them pretty well, so that makes it less weird!
 I baked up a quick cake on Thursday to celebrate my mom's birthday.  I have cooked some fun meals in the past, but the next week is going to be a bit crazy, so we are postponing it for a bit.
 It makes my heart happy to do just a little thing for her.  She does way more for us than we could ever do for her.
 I love you mom!
 It heated up towards the end of the week so we got the pool up.
 All of us hopped in for a swim on Friday and it was so refreshing!
We planned to spend a lot of time in the pool this weekend, but an overnight storm changed our plans a bit...more on that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment