Sunday, December 6, 2015

Personalized Light Saber Tutorial

I mentioned personalized light sabers in my last post about Parker's birthday party.  I found the light sticks at Dollar Tree.  They only has pink and white, so I decided to make my own red ones.  Toy selection tends to rotate pretty often at Dollar tree, so you make not be able to find them at a later day, but this could work with many different applications.

Supplies:
Light Stick
Tissue Paper
Mod Podge
Paint or Foam brush
Scissors
Exacto-knife (optional)
I cut a piece of tissue paper slightly larger than needed, then coated the stick with a layer of Mod Podge.  I gently wrapped the stick with the paper, then trimmed it with the exacto-knife.  You could do a more precise cut on the tissue paper in advance if you don't want to trim later.
I applied another coat of Mod Podge to the tissue paper and let them dry.
I also wanted to add a personalized touch.  I used my silhouette to cut the kids' names in vinyl, then used sticky transfer paper to apply them to the light saber handles.
All of the kids were pretty excited to see their names on the light sabers!

No comments:

Post a Comment