Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Date Night at Mall of America

We had a family date night on Friday and decided to brave the Mall of America.  We always try to get there at least once during the holidays to see all the decorations.  Other than the rotunda, it wasn't as busy as I thought it would be a week before Christmas.  We ate at Johnny Rockets (Parker had Sbarro pizza.)  It was a great burger!  I probably ate a few more fries than I should have, but knew we'd be walking the mall, which would help with my blood sugar.
We mostly enjoy window shopping and don't usually buy much at the mall.  Jimmy was thoroughly enjoying a massage chair at Brookstone while Parker and I took a break.
We had to check out the Disney store, which was chock full of Star Wars stuff!  Jimmy even found his new suitcase!  I just hope it big enough for our movie snacks when we finally get out to see Episode 7.
Minnesota Children's Museum is currently being remodeled, so that have a satellite location at the mall.  My friend Daisy had shared that you get an extra 4 months of membership by signing up now.  This will allow all new members to the opportunity to check out the new exhibits opening Spring 2017.  I have been toying with the idea for a while and thought this would be a great chance.  We will have access to both locations, which will be great for our mall visits as well.  Other than Legoland, they don't really have a play area like most of the others malls do.  It will be nice to have a place for Parker to run off some energy.  I am excited to have a year for baby girl to explore too!

No comments:

Post a Comment