Thursday, December 10, 2015

It's a...

BABY!

Haha, you knew that already.  We will get to the gender in a just a moment, but I wanted to give a brief overview of the ultrasound we had yesterday.  The anatomy scan can be a bit nerve-wracking since it is often the first time you get to see anything that looks like a real baby.  I have not anything that I am sure is movement, so I was very excited to see a moving, grooving, breathing, heart-beating baby in there!

I learned that I have an anterior placenta again.  This means it is in the front of my tummy.  This often makes it harder to feel those early movements since there is a big sack of fluid in the way.  I didn't feel much with Parker until 22 weeks, so I am expecting something similar this time.  That was my favorite part the first time around and I can't wait for it this time.  Everything else on the scan looks great.  We got to see baby's hear pumping and he/she was hiccuping, which was cute!  Baby wasn't in a good position for 3D, but we will be back in about a month for another scan.  I will also be having a fetal echocardiogram to get a better look at babies heart because of the diabetes and high blood pressure.

Here are a couple pictures from the ultrasound.
 Ok, ok, you came to find out if baby is a boy or a girl...  We didn't do anything special last time and got a few requests to do something fun.  We were originally planning to go down to the hospital so Jimmy's dad could be a part of it, but he wasn't feeling up for visitors so we did it at our house.  I made pink and blue ornaments and had a co-worker open the envelope we got at the ultrasound and wrap the matching ornament.  Here is a picture of all the ornaments.
You can either sit through the short video below, or scroll a little further to see.
If you didn't want to wait...
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
It's a GIRL!  The grandmas were both pretty excited! You should watch the video just to see that!
We are pretty excited (and a little nervous) all at the same time!  It will be the same and new all rolled in to one!  I guess it is time to get some pink...and bows...and glitter...and tulle, definitely need some tulle.  Oh boy, my crafty brain is going 100 MPH now!

1 comment: