Friday, July 1, 2016

Family Time and Fish Scales

I have been soaking up as much family time as possible before I have to go back to work next week.  I love seeing Jimmy with Esme.  She gives him the biggest smiles which makes me a little jealous sometimes.
Ugga Mugga
We got a few laminated writing practice sheets from school at the end of the year and have been working on them here and there.  Arts and crafts are not a favorite of Parker's and this seems to fall in that category.  I usually only get a few minutes out of him, but I have been seeing progress.  
I have been loving our outdoor time lately as well.  It is so nice to not be cooped up inside all day.  Esme likes to lay and look at the scenery.  Parker's new favorite game is trying to climb the neighbor's fence.  He did it on Sunday before I could stop him so I have to watch extra close now.  One thing I have found helpful is keeping him barefoot.  The chainlink hurts his feet a bit so he has been searching for alternate ways to get over.
 He looks longingly at the neighbor's air conditioner as he tries.  Ours just doesn't cut it anymore.  He even went inside and brought out the chair from his room for something more stable.
 I out a stop to that pretty quickly.  He grabbed my hand and brought me over to the fence and kept saying "please."  It was so hard to say no when he was asking so nicely.  It was pretty traumatic when I made him go in for lunch.  He was so bummed.
I've been brainstorming how to weigh Esme now that she is too big for my kitchen scale.  Then I thought about a fish scale!  I knew my dad had one so we are borrowing it for a bit!  She weighed in at 11 lbs. 15 oz.  She is definitely more plump that Parker was, but I love the pudge!  She slept right through her picture yesterday as well!
I am pretty sure it doesn't get any cuter than these two!  We do good work Jimmy! 
Parker on left, Esme on right
I am super excited for the holiday weekend and finally made an outfit for Esme!  I had the onesie on hand and used heat transfer vinyl.  I made the skirt from a few fabric remnants I picked up for less than $1.  She is going to look pretty cute for her first Fourth of July!  Have a happy and safe weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment