Sunday, July 20, 2014

Fenced In

Back in May we put up gates on the sides of our house and I mentioned that we still needed a fence for the backyard.  As luck would have it, I was able to nab a free chain link fence from Craigslist last month and we finally got around to putting it in this weekend.  My dad came over on Friday and we put in the corner posts to let the concrete set overnight.  Then we laid out the remaining posts to be ready for the next day.  Finally, we weaved the two sections of fence back together to have one solid piece.
My parents came over early to get going on Saturday morning.  My mom watched Parker while my dad and I got the rest of the posts in.
 Once the top rail was on a leveled we poured concrete in, then rolled out the fence fabric.
 We stretched it and then used new metal ties to hold it in place.
 Neither of us has installed a chain link fence before so I am happy with how it turned out!  Plus it only cost $20 in concrete and metal ties.  Thanks again for all your help dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment