Monday, December 23, 2019

More Christmastime Activities

Our church youth group celebrated the holidays by caroling at a local apartment complex that also houses hospice patients.  I dressed up in my "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" get up, so I let a couple of our interns use the cow sweaters I got from my friend Laurie.
 It was our first adventure with our new youth director, Christian.  We enjoyed hot cocoa and cookies afterwards.
Friday was my work's annual potluck and festive holiday attire contest.
Delicious food and lots of festive sweaters as always!
Saturday evening we celebrated with Jimmy's extended family and even managed to get a picture of all the kids!  This group has grown a lot in the last 5-6 years!
Sunday was our final advent gifts to the kids.  Esme got a new "alarm clock." I am hoping she will stay in bed a bit longer with it, instead of waking me up at 5am.
Parker got a NASA shirt and also got a holiday seek and find bag from his buddy from church, Celeste.
The latest Star Wars movie opened recently, so we've been talking a lot about it at home.  Esme has some sweet Rey jammies and can wield a light saber pretty well!
 My mom offered to watch the kids Sunday night so we see the new movie.  My dad and nephew tagged along as well.
My work was open today, so I made a little hot cocoa bar and brought in a couple trays of cookies.  We were running a skeleton crew, so there was actually some left over.

No comments:

Post a Comment