Sunday, March 5, 2017

Go Away Sickness

We had a bout with a stomach bus last week.  Parker has only thrown up a few times and never as a baby, so this was new territory for us.  It started early Wednesday morning when Esme woke up crying.  Jimmy couldn't calm her down so I laid her in bed with me and Jimmy went to the living room.  Within a couple minutes she threw up for the first time.  We got her cleaned up and Jimmy said he would stay up with her since he was off that day.  It was a while before she calmed down and I ended up coming back upstairs to help out.  I gave her a few ounces of formula thinking she probably had an empty stomach.  Then I pulled the crib next to the bed and that calmed her enough to fall asleep until morning.  She did really well all day with Jimmy and was taking a couple ounces at a time throughout the day.  I decided to skip ECFE as a precaution.  That was a good choice because she threw up again about 7:30 Wednesday evening.  It was at that point I decided to stay home with her on Thursday.  Once again she was had a good day.  Lots of snuggling and naps, but good spirits.  We also found out that two other kids at daycare had similar symptoms, so something was going around.
  
 Wednesday evening I started feeling nauseous and went to bed pretty early.  I woke up in the middle of the night feeling really bad and had a hard time going back to sleep.  It was at this time I heard Esme fill her diaper and told Jimmy he should stay home with us on Friday since I wasn't sure how I would be feeling.  Jimmy dropped Parker off at daycare and Esme threw up for a 3rd time shortly after he got back.  It was another day of resting and snuggling.  Jimmy took such great care of both of us.  Jimmy and Parker have escaped it so far and I hope it stays that way!
 I was feeling better by Friday evening and Esme seemed to finally be on the rebound as well.  We took her weekly pictures and some adorable ones in an elephant costume for her birthday party invitation.  My parents came over for dinner and to watch the OK State Cowgirls play in the Big 12 tournament.  They lost, but had a pretty good season.  Kaylee finished the season averaging 18.5 points and 10.6 rebounds.  

Esme has become very fond of my phone (and all electronics lately.)  I took this picture of her on Saturday night.  I felt like I was getting a glimpse at 15 years in the future.
 I will miss our weekly pictures, but it is getting ever harder to keep her laying on the floor with the blocks facing up.  Is there really only 6 more weeks until she's one?
Happy Sunday, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment