Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Big Day!

The big day (my brother's wedding) finally arrived!  Saturday, July 25th, also happened to coincide with the weekend of the Frolics.  We missed most of the festivities, but nothing was stopping us from the waffle breakfast!
I headed right to my parent's house after breakfast to help with finishing touches.  My cousins, Stacy and Felicia came up to do hair.  They did a great job for my wedding 6 years ago and didn't disappoint this time around either!
My big day, March 28, 2009
It was super hot and humid, but we still got outside to take a bunch of fun pictures.  All the bridesmaids were "pretending" to take pictures of Lindsay here for one of the shots, but I actually did!  She was gorgeous!
Bridesmaid selfie!
Ashley C., Holly, Ashley H.,  Me, Mickey, Kayla
After the ceremony we took a hayride to a bar in town.  Please pardon my squint, it was super bright out!
We had about a dozen pans of bars and brownies (made by friends and family) to go with the cupcakes.  I think the dessert table looked amazing!
This was my first time being a bridesmaid and it was a blast!
Making it official!
My grandma and her boyfriend are the cutest couple ever and they love to dance.  They got their groove on before it became too crazy!
Parker was tired and crabby as the ceremony got closer.  He ended up spilling water on himself and having a bit of a meltdown. We put him down for a nap and he didn't walk.  This is the best picture I got of him in his suit, but I think my grandma got a good picture of the three of us. 
 He put on a cute t-shirt once he was up and had a blast playing in the sand, running around and dancing!
Six of my mom's 11 siblings made the trip from Nebraska and New York!
Dave, Margaret, Warren, Janet (Mom), Tim, Mary, Jim
It was fun to see a lot of family members we don't get to see very often.  My cousin, Michele, came from Montana!  We went to her wedding outside of Seattle two years ago.
A friend of theirs had some leftover fireworks and put on a great show!
It was the perfect end a fabulous and fun day!  You can see Parker sitting and watching the show in the bottom of this picture, I just love it!
Congrats to this beautiful new family, we are so happy for all of you!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats to your brother! You look gorgeous, and the boys clean up nice too :) I was wondering who was getting married with the pictures you showed on Twitter. It looks like a wonderful celebration :)

    My brother is getting married in April, so I get to experience all that here in a few months!

    ReplyDelete