Thursday, September 15, 2022

The End of Pool Season

We knew the end would come eventually, but it's a little bitter sweet.  The kids have been fighting more in the pool lately.  I even fashioned a little noodle divider that seemed to help for a couple days.  The weather was looking nice out to early next week.
But, on Tuesday, I finally hit my breaking point after multiple requests and attempts to separate them.  So, I hooked up the drain hose and started the tear down process.  Our posts sunk quite a bit (hoping that won't happen next year) so I had to dig down a little to get it connected. 
It took about 30 hours to drain, then I had to scoop out the last couple inches.  I was able to do that, dry, disassemble, and get it all stored over about 3 hours today.  I am pretty wiped, but will be glad it's done when the rain comes tomorrow.  I plan to do a little maintenance to our dirt pad before winter so it will be ready to go in May.
Here is out final pool day count for the season.  August took a big hit with covid, vacation, and some cooler weather, but I think 80 days if pretty respectable.  I learned so much about being a pool owner this summer and think I will be able to get off to a great start next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment