Saturday, December 23, 2017

More Pre-Christmas Fun

We had a pretty busy week before Christmas.  We had our small group on Monday, then had our friends, Brian and Rachel, over for dinner and a movie on Tuesday.  I made Turkey Bean Chili, but used more meat and doubled the broth.  We watched Polar Express after dinner and we all stayed awake!  Esme really loved all the songs, especially Hot Chocolate.  I tried to get a video of her dancing, but she kept sitting in my lap.
 This was the best picture I could get, Parker was not cooperating.
 Wednesday night was a party to celebrate my mom's upcoming retirement.  She's been with the same company for 25 years and I am so excited for her next adventure.  Once again the kids weren't really cooperating, but at least we are all in it this time.
Friday was my work's annual potluck and ugly/festive sweater party.  I rocked my "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" gear again.  I also found another foe in my cube mate, Connor.
 Another great group of participants.
 I took the trophy for the second year in a row and the third out of four.  I love that my employer allows me to dress silly and hands out prizes for it!
Friday was also guys day for Parker and Jimmy.  They went out for some delicious pastries at YoYo Donuts.  I think they were Parker approved!


No comments:

Post a Comment