Monday, June 20, 2016

Father's Day and a Power Outage (C'mon Man!)

We had a great Father's Day, just got to relax and enjoy time with family.  I realize now that I only got one picture of Parker and that was our annual one with Grandpa Buxton.  It is so much easier to photograph a baby that can't move!  Jimmy has always been a great dad and I have loved watching him blossom in the last two months.  He doesn't always show it for the camera, but he is having fun.  And he is much better at getting her to smile.
 After church we went to Jimmy's parents for lunch.  Grandpa Herrmann is recovering well from his heart transplant and is really enjoying his time with Esme.
Our Father's Day tradition continued with Grandpa Buxton, pictures with trees.  Parker's tree is getting huge!  What a difference 4 years makes.
 Esme got in on the action with her own tree!  It is some sort of pine/fir (he informed me it is a red pine!)
, but I can't remember which one.
Jimmy was awoken at 12:30 am by ANOTHER power outage.  You may know our history in this area and it isn't great!  We got an initial repair time of 2:00, then 4:30.  It still wasn't back on at 5:00 and we were running short on time if we wanted to save the fridge food, so I packed it all up (AGAIN!) and headed to my parents.  Once again it was a great change to clean the fridge and defrost the freezer, but not exactly what I wanted to wake up to.  I found out a couple hours later that the power came back on about 20 minutes after we left.  It was a pleasant surprise given our history, but bummed me out a bit because it was a lot of work!  Grandpa didn't mind because he got to hang out with the kiddos some more!  It was only out for 5 hours this time, which makes our running total about 130 hours since we moved in.  It could be worse and I am grateful we have somewhere to go when it happens.  
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment