Friday, June 9, 2023

Recent Vinyl Projects

I've had several vinyl projects lately, including one very large one.

I added names to the back of some girls softball jerseys.
Made some totes, hangers, accessory bags, and glasses for a wedding (post coming soon.)
I planned on etching these, but this glass was not receptive to the etching cream.
I tried something new with my vinyl scraps for the kids' teacher gifts.  I cut 1" strips and lines them up on some transfer tape before cutting out the design.
It worked pretty well for these canvas totes I made.  I learned a few things, but will be doing this again as a way to use up the small bits.
I was late on delivery of this shirt for my dad.  It was supposed to be done by Memorial Day, but the big job I had took precedent.
The Husker football team has a new coach, Matt Rhule, so the back logo got an update.
Now for the big one, 88 shirts.  It actually started at as 80 shirts, but I cut more than I needed and didn't want to waste them.  Our church partners with a school and church in Honduras and this year celebrates 20 years together.  We have a large mission team heading down this month and they wanted shirts for the faculty in Honduras.  I new there would be hours of cutting and weeding and expected to need help.  I ended up figuring out a way to weed and store the cutouts in advance which was a huge help.  I had some extra time (haha) the week before we planned a night to press them and I ended up knocking them all out on my own.
No other vinyl projects on the horizon, but they always seem to pop up.  Plenty of other tasks ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment