Sunday, November 27, 2022

Thanksgiving #2

Thanksgiving #2 started early, like 3:45am early.  My dad and I met at Fleet Farm at 4:30 for some shopping and to continue our stuffed animal tradition.  This year it was a red panda, just like Mei Mei from Turning Red!  They always stay pretty hip to trends, so it was not a surprise.  Esme initially named her Goffa, which is the manufacturer name on the tag.  This evolved to Gova, then finally Gola.  She's joined Pascal as constant companions.  Grandpa Buxton named his Firefox because it's a nickname for the red panda and was the inspiration for Mozilla Firefox browser's name.
After a few hours at home, we made our way to Grandpa and Nana Buxton's house.  The kids took a dip in the hot tub while I helped finish preparing lunch.
Since we just had a Thanksgiving style meal for my grandma's visit, my mom went the Italian route with chicken alfredo and lasagna.
Our nephew, Jameson, recently got a therapy helmet, so I brought my vinyl and silhouette to cut some decals for him.  Since the Huskers were playing, we turned it in to a Nebraska helmet, Go Big Red!
We started the pool tournament after lunch in hopes we could finish before 3:00 kick off.
I got to take a rest with Jameson in the hammock after I was the first eliminated.
Jaxxon took a rest with grandpa.
Grandma and Nana ended up in the final with Grandpa taking home the victory just in time for the game to start.
We brought dessert of pumpkin pie and cherry cheesecake cookies, which are now a Buxton holiday staple.
One more late afternoon dip in the hot tub for the kids.  I even joined them for a little bit.  It was so relaxing, I could have fallen asleep in there.
Happy Thanksgiving again!

No comments:

Post a Comment