Thursday, November 3, 2022

October Hodgepodge

The autumn is always a pretty busy time for us and October was no exception.  Here is the rest of what we did last month.  We celebrated our nieces birthday at Honey and Mackie's on the 4th.  Esme really wanted to make her a card and it was so cute!
I love these little sampler packs you can get.  We can try new flavors and get something everyone will like.

We got our first bit of snow on the 14th.  Parker's been talking about snow for weeks and was elated.  We'll have to see how long it is before we get more.
Both kids has school pictures and I think they turned out pretty good.  I've mentioned Parker isn't always the best picture smiler, but I thought this one was great!
Esme added her head tilt flair.
I gave myself a little project in refinishing this coffee table.  I've been thinking about getting one for our family room upstairs and this was free!  I sanded it down, painted, and added new hardware.
Finishing touch was adding some new legs to the couch to raise it up a few inches.  This made it more comfortable with the table, will make it easier to clean under, and give more room for the air vent.
Jimmy's man cave got a couple upgrades.  We pulled out his custom made Louisville Slugger from little league and my dad made some brackets to mount it on the wall.
I installed the sports sign he got in Bayfield as well.  It's on the first wall you can see as you walk in.  We've decided to make this the kind of man cave with lots of stuff on the walls, so I am excited to see what else gets added.
The kids were at adventure club for MEA (annual MN teacher's conference).  They took a field trip to the apple orchard.  This is the only picture I saw from that.  I love that Parker found an activity he liked.
We had a play date with Esme's best buddy, Najee.  It was great for us moms to meet and chat as well.  He has a younger brother on the autism spectrum as well.
We finished the month with a church chili cook-off.  Mine didn't win an official prize, but did get 2nd place in People's Choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment