Sunday, November 13, 2022

Downtown Date Night

Jimmy and I had what's become a rare night out on Friday.  Date night used to be a much more regular thing, but with covid and increasing restaurant prices, we haven't gotten back in to it.  The impetus for our date was to see a comedian that was coming to town.  I came across Pete Lee on social media and noticed right away that he had cleaner jokes than most that you hear these days.  I researched him a bit more and saw he's be coming to Minneapolis and decided to get tickets.  Jimmy took the kids out to my parents before we stopped by Acme Comedy Company to pick up the tickets.  Then, it was just a short walk to our dinner spot, The Freehouse.  They had so much good stuff on the menu, it was hard to narrow it down.  Jimmy got the gnocchi, which was a breakfast dish with basil pesto, bacon lardon, poached eggs, and balsamic reduction.
I ended up rocking the boat with my order.  They had a nashville hot chicken and french toast, but I am not a big Nashville hot fan.  I saw an off menu special hot honey chicken sandwich and asked if they could put that chicken on the french toast.  It was a a big winner!  Even the server said I was on to something.
We got back to Acme about 30 minutes before the show started.  Jimmy got a glass of wine while we waited.
We had great seats.  Just close enough to see it all, but not too close to be a target of a joke (which Jimmy appreciated.)
It was fun to try a new restaurant and a new activity together.  Hopefully this will become a more regular thing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment