Friday, August 5, 2022

And then there was Covid...

We managed to avoid getting covid for 2.5 years, but the defenses finally fell.  I had mild symptoms Wednesday last week, but tested negative.  I went downhill pretty quickly Thursday and tested again after Jimmy insisted.  Sure enough it was positive and I immediately put on a mask and began isolating myself in my office/guest room.
My mom was gracious enough to take the kids for the weekend since Jimmy worked.  I was really down and out on Friday, so I called in sick and slept most of the day.
I started to feel better Saturday and enjoyed some splash-free floating in the pool.  Jimmy and I enjoyed some outdoor distanced interaction which was nice as well.  It turned out that wouldn't matter as he soon tested positive as well.  He was still asymptomatic and was testing as a precaution.
My mom ended up keeping the kids all this week to keep them away from it.  She took them to and from school each day and stopped by to let them swim a couple times while we kept our distance.  We are so incredibly grateful she took this on, especially since she is going to have them again while we are vacation.
My mom loves working with both Parker and Esme on gaining new skills in the pool.  Here is Esme showing off her back swimming.
My dear friend Courtney send me this lovely gift as I recovered.  Even though we've only met a few times, I cherish the connection we keep from afar.

No comments:

Post a Comment