Saturday, May 28, 2022

We Bought a Pool

Initial pool prep started a couple weeks go by moving our swing set to a new spot.  
The I moved as much mulch as I could from where the swing set used to be.  I am guessing most of it will get reused somewhere.  The wood stakes show the approximate size of the pool.
My brother delivered some dirt about a week and a half ago.  He then cam over last weekend with my parents to level a pad for the pool to be installed on.  He brought his skidloader and golf cart which made an all day wheelbarrow project only 2 hours.
Nana and Kelsey watched the babies while we moved dirt.
Esme loved helping uncle Sean.  He's got a great eye for leveling things and was a huge help.
We packed it all down and let it dry for a day.
I wasn't sure when we'd get it put up, but Jimmy decided he was up for it on Sunday.
It was a pretty quick set up, then Esme helped me assemble the ladder.
I started filling it Monday morning guessing it would take about 18 hours total to fill.  The water was a brisk 52 degrees coming out of the hose.
We resumed filling Tuesday and it took 20 hours in total.  I was able to get the filter going and add our first round of chlorine.
We ran the pump for a couple days then took a water sample in for testing at the local pool store.  They gave me a great baseline to start when trying to balance the chemicals.
Parker was chomping at the bit to get in the pool.  By Friday, it was only up to 58 degrees, but we took a dip anyway. Brrr....
It's got some warming up to do, but I am excited for the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment