Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Mother's Day Weekend

On Saturday morning, the kids and I took a trip to the grocery store for some essentials and got a couple free cookies too.
Esme was asking to bake a cake and I told her "no" a few times.  A little later I was going through the pile of school papers when I found the drawing below and knew I would have to bake a cake with her.  I scrounged out cupboards and we made an apple sauce cake with cream cheese frosting that we could take to dinner at my parents on Sunday,
We spend that afternoon playing and relaxing together.
Esme ended up not feeling well on Sunday, so we missed going to church.  I got to open the gift she made at school after Jimmy came home.
Jimmy and Esme stayed home as a precaution and just Parker and I went to my parents for dinner.  I loved getting in some more auntie time with Jameson and Jaxxon.
Parker is slowing growing more comfortable with them as well.  He really likes their pacifiers and has a tendency to run off with them.
We watched hockey, snuggled, and enjoyed a dinner of coconut shrimp, onion rings, and salad.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment