Saturday, June 29, 2019

Women's Pottery Night at Church

You may remember the rock painting event I did at church last summer.  The women's summer fun series is back this year and started with a pottery night on Wednesday.  Northern Clay Center came in to facilitate making coffee mugs (or whatever else they turned in to.)  They shows us how to pinch the clay to form a mug, add feet, a handle, and other decorate elements.
My mom joined me and we had a great time chatting and being creative.
I already have a cow print mug I keep on the mug wall in the youth room, so I tried to make a coordinating one.
There were a lot of fun items made.  Anagrace made a guacamole bowl, complete with pestle.
Rachel made a juicer and someone made a monkey?
It will take a few weeks for them to be fired, can't wait to see how they turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment