Saturday, May 21, 2016

First Post-Baby Date Night

Jimmy and I had our first date night alone since Esme was born on Friday.  Hopefully I won't get mommy-shamed like Chrissy Teigen did!  We got to my parents house about an hour before my mom was home, so we took a ride in the Twister!  It was Esme's first ride (don't worry, we went slow.)
We went to the neighbors to see the cows and got to see some new kittens.  Parker wasn't quite sure what to think.
We went to Red Lobster for dinner.  I am a sucker for the coconut shrimp and it was delicious as always.  I even had enough left over for lunch today.
We split a dish of ice cream at Cold Stone followed by a quick stop at DSW burn a coupon and gift card.  It was the perfect little date. The kids did great, but my mom said she will have to get used to wrangling things for them both at the same time.
On a side note, Esme was 5 weeks on Thursday.  She really packed on some weight this week (13 oz.) and is just shy of 8 lbs now (7 lb. 15 oz.)!  I absolutely love this lady bug outfit.  They were a favorite of Jimmy's grandma, who shared her middle name.
One more day of beautiful weather for us in Minnesota, then the storms roll in.  Hope you make the most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment