Tuesday, March 29, 2016

35 weeks!

Today marks 35 weeks!  That means only about 2 week until baby girl makes her debut.  My ultrasounds have been going well for and her heart beat today was 136 bpm.  The biophysical profiles (BPPs) are pretty quick, but we will have one more growth scan next week.  The growth scans were pretty off for Parker, so I am not going to put too much faith in it.  I am feeling pretty good overall, but I have been a bit more tired.  This is probably because I haven't been sleeping as well the last few weeks.  The last couple nights have been better, but I keep waking up with leg cramps.
 I mentioned getting in to #fullonbabymode after my brief hospital visit and that has continued.  The car seat base is installed, we have our new double stroller, and we have mostly completed the set-up in our room.  I wanted to make sure baby girl had her own little space since she doesn't get a whole room.  I made a little name plaque for her and also moved the monkey art in from Parker's room.
 I even added a bow to the smaller monkey peeking over the bigger one.  We have been slowly transitioning Parker away from the monkeys, so now I have space to put up a new shelf in his room.
 Parker thinks that all the new stuff we are bringing out and bringing home is for him.  We have a music box/mobile that was/is in Parker's room.  We don't have a way to install it on the pack n' play, so I wanted to get a small thing to play music for baby girl.  I found this cute giraffe at Target and Parker has been playing with it non-stop.  It is the first thing he will grab in the morning or when we come.  We keep telling him that it is for the baby, but I am not sure how that will go once she is actually here.
It is pretty adorable how attached he is to it.  That being said, he doesn't complain when we ask him to put it back in the baby's bed.  He just turns it off and gently sets it in there.
Parker still doesn't really understand what is going on, but I was able to get a cute picture of him hugging me today.  This is closest we will get to one of those sibling maternity pictures, but I love it!
On a side note, yesterday Jimmy and I celebrated 7 years of marriage!  We kept our celebration pretty minimal with burger night at Applebee's.
 The all-day brunch burger was so delicious and really hit the spot!
Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I thought your anniversary was this week. Happy Anniversary!
    I'm glad you're feeling oretty good for the home stretch, but I pray those leg cramps calm down. Sounds painful :( Parker is so cute! I can't wait to see how he does once sister arrives :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! Nice job editing out the name plate! No sneak peaks huh?! Congrats on your anniversary!! WOOT WOOT!!

    ReplyDelete