Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day 2013

We had a great Father's Day celebration this year.  Parker and I did 2 crafts.  One for Jimmy and one for the Grandpas!

We had planned to celebrate with Jimmy's family last weekend, but we all ended up sick so we couldn't go.  I saw the craft below on Pinterest and just had to recreate it since both Grandpas like to fish!  This and other great Father's Day crafts can be found here.
Our second craft was Parker's card for Jimmy.  I have seen lots of things with finger paint and painters tape, bot most involved words.  I thought it would be fun to make a picture.  I used tape to make a robot for Parker to pain over.  I think it turned out great, and Jimmy loved it!  



I made two gifts for my dad as well.  The first was a basic light switch cover.  I got a small square of Huskers fabric and used Mod Podge to secure it.
I also made a "fans" plaque with the help of my Silhouette Cameo.  I cut out the design and used it as a template to paint.
We spent the whole afternoon and early evening at my parents house.  All of us, minus Jimmy, took an afternoon nap while watching golf.  It was splendid!

We also took an updated picture of the Parker tree.  My dad planted this tree in their backyard in 2011.  It wasn't doing well last spring and he wasn't sure if it would make it.  As you can see, the tree is doing great!  I hope we remember to do this every year to see how Parker and the tree grows!

I am so lucky to have Jimmy in my life.  He is an amazing husband and father and I often don't express how thankful I am.  I certainly married up!  So blessed to have these two in my life.
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

1 comment:

  1. What awesome crafts! I'm sure they just loved them for Father's Day :)
    Happy Belated Father's Day to Jimmy!

    ReplyDelete