Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Spring Blitz Youth Retreat 2023

I attended my second Spring Blitz retreat with our church youth group.  3000 kids at an arena in Duluth.
We had two great speakers, Molly Sanborn (Cheese Ball Chick) and Jonathon Herron.  Worship was led by Jeff Deyo.
There was an inside joke from last year that we made shirts for.  The emcees, Mike and Nate, told us they actually considered making a post conference "Splash" shirt last year.
We stayed at a hotel with a great view of Lake Superior.
Encouraging clothespins a fun aspect of this event and are passed from person to person all weekend.
Sherry, myself, and Craig attended one of the leader breakout sessions Saturday morning.
I tagged along with Craig, Zack, Bryan, and most of the boys for an afternoon field trip to Gooseberry Falls.
Bryan brought a frisbee and impressively threw it all the way across the Gooseberry River.  Unfortunately, I didn't hold up my end, but at lease I didn't fall in.
Zack and Anagrace drew quite a crowd as they threw fruit snacks from the second floor to eager students below.
Sunday was a rainy, cold day, but we managed to gather for a quick group picture.
Another great weekend with our youth.

Jimmy and the kids had fun at home too.  Saturday morning cinnamon rolls.
McDonald's PlayPlace for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment