Monday, August 6, 2018

New Garage Service Door

The house projects continued last weekend with the installation of a new garage service door.  I don't have a full picture of the old door, but it was bad.  It only had a handle set and no deadbolt.  There was also no threshold or seal on the bottom.  We torn our the old door and cut the opening a little bit taller to fit the new pre-hung one.
 I hve hung quite a few interior doors and a couple exterior doors, so I took the lead on actual installation.  It didn't take too long to square up and secure.  I then installed our new keypad deadbolt that we bought last fall.  We've been so eager to get this working, so we have quick access to our garage without needing key.  It's also nice to be able to lock the kids out as well. 
Whenever my parents come over to help we must stock the freezer with double dippers, chocolate covered peanuts.  They somehow managed to leave a few behind when the project was over and Esme found them.  Needless to say, she takes after her grandpa!
Another project down, hundreds to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment