Monday, December 12, 2016

Trimming the Tree

We decided last year that we would try a real tree this year.  Jimmy always had a real tree growing up and I always had an artificial one (except one year).  As usual we had to wait until after Parker's party to start decking the halls.  I like the idea of the "cut your own tree" places, but it didn't seem like the right choice with a baby in tow.  So, on Wednesday we headed to our local hardware store's lot to pick out a tree.  Jimmy decided we should get the "Cadillac" fraser fir.  We checked out a few trees ad ended up buying the first one we found.  It was a pretty chilly night and my hands were frozen after tying it to the car.
 After the kids were in bed we cleared the spot in the living room, trimmed the bottom and set it up.  I was pretty impressed at how well it fit in the house.
 After thawing for a day we strung the lights and hung the ornaments.  I was a little concerned about how well they would hang, but it worked out great and there were plenty of sturdy branches for the heavy ornaments.  The stockings went up and that is about it for my holiday decorating.
I also realized I am behind on posting weekly pictures.  Here they are from 2 weeks ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment