Monday, February 12, 2024

Date Nights and Super Bowls

Earlier in the week it was nice enough to enjoy some time outside on bikes and scooters.  Esme also had hat day at school for reading month.  She requested her favorite Moroccan hat.
Jimmy and I had a date night on Friday.  The Honduras mission team did a "stop, drop, and roll" fundraising event.  We took the opportunity to use the Brick & Bourbon gift card we got.  I recently started prioritizing my nutrition again.  I have been watching carbs for a while, but decided I really need to start tracking calories again if I want to see meaningful change.  While I would have loved to splurge on a date night, I didn't want to stray from my efforts so soon.  We still got to enjoy some tasty food!  Bleu cheese brussels sprouts for an appetizer with chicken and salmon salads for the main.
Parker and Esme had a blast at church making bead jewelry and getting a new stuffed animal.
We kept it on the healthier side for the super bowl as well.  Shrimp cocktail and deviled eggs followed by some oven baked wings.
Both kids had fun dancing to Usher during the halftime show.  I didn't really have a stake in the game, but was rooting for San Fransisco. Too bad they couldn't pull it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment