Friday, December 8, 2023

A New Toilet, A New 12-year-old, A Night of the Arts

The toilet in our room has not been flushing well for a while and Jimmy finally decided it was time to replace it.  Don't ask me why, but this is one home project I just don't want to be involved with.  I know I have the skills, but unless it's absolutely necessary, I won't.  Parker was very excited about the whole project as well.  He pushed it around the store for us and watched closely as my dad and Jimmy installed it.
He helped install by sitting on the bowl to squish down the plumber's putty.  He was very proud of "his" work.
Esme has been learning a song about the books of the Bible and was trying to find all the names on our stairwell.  As I write this, I realize I probably never shared about this project because I have been taking a very long break and it's not finished.  I will share more once it's done, hopefully this winter.
I had frozen some leftover cupcakes from Parker's party and we pulled them out for his actual birthday on November 30th.  Topped with some store bought frosting and M & M's made for the perfect birthday treat.  As I have been spending more time in my craft room in preparation for Christmas, Esme wanted to do a craft too.  I found this little gingerbread women sewing project.  It had holes already in the felt and a plastic needle to sew it together.  We added stuffing and glued on the decorations and it was done.  She turned out pretty cute.
Jimmy snagged Mouse Trap at Target the day after Thanksgiving and we've been having fun with it.  It's 
For the second week of Avdent gifts, Parker got a Daniel Tiger Christmas book and Esme got hot cocoa bombs.
Later in the week, Esme had "Night of the Arts" at her school.  There was a talent show, breakdancing, instruments to try and 4 craft stations for making building, people, plants, and clouds.  We visited the instrument room first, then went to check out breakdancing where we ran into Esme's best friend, Najee.  We went to the buildings and people rooms.  All of the crafts were put on scenes hanging in the entryway, but I forgot to get a picture of that.
Esme colored a beautiful dress and Najee made a Ninja.
We went back to breakdancing to finish out the night.
it was such a fun night for all the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment