Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Bayfield Apple Fest 2022

After a two year hiatus, we returned to northern Wisconsin for the Bayfield Apple Fest.  We decided to head out after the kids were out of school Thursday so they only missed one day.  We drove through Duluth and Superior for some different scenery.
The kids were eager to get in pool after we checked in to our hotel.  We ended up swimming 4 times before checking out on Saturday.
We grabbed some hotel breakfast before bundling up for the Apple Fest.
If I am being honest, the actual festival itself was disappointing.  There was little to no food for the kids to eat.  They've have pizza and grilled cheese previously, but neither of those were there.  I found a stand that said they had chicken tenders.  I paid and they said it would be about 10 minutes.  When I came back they regretted to inform me there were not available.  That, among other things, kind of put me in a sour mood.  We will come better prepared next year with back up for for the kids.
Esme did try a corn dog, but she didn't care for this one.  In her defense, it was not traditional.
I was excited to get my apple brat, but there was no apple mustard to accompany it.
Grandpa and Grandma Herrmann were there to walk around with us as well.
Esme enjoyed the mini donuts, but Parker refused those too.  Maybe he was sensing my stress level because that was really surprising.
Jim bought some wax lips...what a duo we are!
We had to leave about Noon because the kids were getting hungry and we didn't have any options for them.  Jimmy and Esme napped in the car before grabbing some McDonald's and heading back to the hotel.
The waterslides opened up in the afternoon and evening, which the kids were excited about.
Esme did great in the pool.  She was able to swim all the way across the pool, which you can see in the video below.
We stopped in Hayward on the way home Saturday.  Candy shop and bakery for the win!
We got lunch at Burnett Dairy.  Esme loved the sourdough grilled cheese and Parker got some nuggets.
Esme and I shared a soft serve cone before finishing the drive home.
This was a rough weekend for me.  Things didn't go as planned and it got to me.  I've got some ideas for next year, so we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment