Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Quarantine Round Two

Today is the final day of our nearly two week quarantine (the second for Parker).  Both Esme and Parker had close contacts at school with people who tested positive for COVID.  Esme was done last Friday and Parker today.  With both kids home, it is nearly impossible for me to work in any sort of full capacity, so I was off work last week.  It allowed me to help with distance learning, play with the kids, and get some house projects done.
Esme was so sad the first day she didn't get dropped off.  The video below starts with how sad she was.  Luckily, it was a quick rebound and we had a fun time.  She had video speech on Monday and Friday as well as a daily meeting with her preschool teacher.  She thought it was great and kept asking me to go away.
Her sign language is really blossoming and she's been showing off her skills daily.
I didn't take many pictures, so there are none of Parker, but he had fun too.  The biggest highlight for me was seeing him ride his bike independently for the first time.  I took his training wheels off in the spring and he's been asking me to "fix" it all year.  He's been working on balance a lot and finally put his feet to the pedals on the first try on Saturday.  
Esme's highlight was Peppa Pig and family moving in to their new house, the Millennium Falcon.
I was also able to complete some projects in the kitchen.  I had previously replaced our cabinet hinges that had been painted with some new nickel ones.  It looked a lot better, but a lot of paint had come off when removing the old ones, so I dug up the paint in the stack left by the previous owner and touched them all up.  I was also able to touch up some other areas and it looks a million times better.  I also installed the fourth spice rack that's been floating around since I put the others up.  I didn't have enough brackets at the time and finally got around to it.
The lower pantry got an overhaul as well.  It was long overdue for some organization, so I grabbed a pan and lid organizer from Target and it made a world of difference. I don't think I've ever had an unplanned week off.  Still had plenty on the schedule, but made the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment