Sunday, November 17, 2019

2019 Chili (and more) Cook-Off

My work hosted their second annual Chili Cook-Off on Friday.  I took a new position over the summer that focuses on training and employee engagement, so I help with internal events.  I made the suggestion to expand the cook-off to include soups and stews as well, so it was officially a "Chili (and more!) Cook-Off."  We had 15 entries last year and 12 this year that included 4 soups. I forgot to take a picture of the #2 sign, but that was my entry of Cheesy Chicken Wild Rice Soup.
We seems to have a much higher participation rate than last year and actually ran out of tasting cups right near the end of the judging period.  Couple that with a few less entries and there was almost nothing left at the end of lunch.
This year's prize was a tote bag, chili pepper salsa bowl, a variety of spicy snacks and a gift card.
Justin was the winner with #6, "Don't Try This At Home."  It was a sweet and spicy chili that included mango and ghost pepper.  The competition is really heating up and I can't wait to see what comes out next year! Extra bonus, nothing was stolen off my vehicle this year. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment