Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Spring Break: Part 2

We headed back to the pool after grabbing the kids from Club Oceans and eating lunch.  All of the pools on board were filtered sea water.  The saltiness took some getting used to and I realized quickly the importance of showering or at least rinsing off afterwards.  We would end up with a film of salt once we dried if we didn't.  The hot tubs were fresh water and they had fresh water showers near all the pools.  The ship had a variety of life jackets for us to use.  We didn't notice them until the second day.  That made it much easier since we didn't need to hold them.
Drinks by the pool for some handsome guys!
My parent's told us about a violin trio that played before dinner each night.  Parker couldn't keep his eyes off of them.  Looking back, I am not sure if it was the music or the elevators going us and down behind them.  Either way, it was weird to see him sitting so still.
Monday's dinner was "formal night."  We didn't get super dressed up, but there were some folks that went all out.  Esme really enjoyed the mushroom soup appetizer and even licked the bowl out.
They also do a little musical show on formal night.  The dining room staff did a little dance to Justin Timberlake's "Can't Stop the Feeling."
We went to a family-friendly comedy show by Azeem Banatwalla after dinner.  We were sitting the front and Tegan got called out at one point.  He was very funny, but I hear his adult shows were pretty racy.  After the comedy show, we made our way to the Venetian Palace Lounge to see "Flick."  They sang and danced to a bunch of movie theme songs.
Parker couldn't take his eyes off the stage, then it clicked that he was watching all the fans.
I took a lot of pictures from our balcony.  I awoke at one point the second night and there seemed to be a lot of light coming in, so I looked outside. There was another ship far off and it lined up perfectly with the moon.  The second picture is the sun rising over Atlantis resort in Nassau.
This picture of Esme is one of my favorites from the whole trip.  It perfectly encapsulates our trip waking up in paradise every day.  It ended up being easier for me to grab breakfast for the kids and bring it back to the room.  Eating on the balcony made clean up a breeze as well.
Nassau was excursion day for us!  We had parasailing scheduled for 11:30 am, so we walked to a nearby beach for a couple hours.
 
This was our only real ocean beach experience. I wish we would have had more opportunity, but it just didn't work out.
The kids stayed at the beach with my mom and Jayden while Jimmy and I headed back for parasailing.  My dad, Tegan, Sean, and Ashley joined us.
Jimmy and I went first, followed by my dad and Tegan, and Sean and Ashley.  I can't imagine a more beautiful place to do this!
We arrived back on the ship just as the kids were finishing lunch.  No afternoon nap because Esme fell asleep on the lunge chair at the beach.
Up Next: Mom and Dad's night out, a trip to the medical center, back on land.

No comments:

Post a Comment