Sunday, February 11, 2018

Winter Olympics Party

In honor of the Olympics we had an opening ceremony party.  I tried to keep it more low-key than most of my parties, but still had to do something fun!  Sugar cookies decorated with colored sugar did the trick.  The olympic rings were my original idea and I decided to use the center cutouts to make gold, silver, and bronze medals.  I purchased gold and silver sugar, but made the bronze with yellow and neon purple food coloring (who knew?!?)

I tried to make a global spread with Korean pork and dips from around the world.
The gochujang pork roast was a new recipe, but a huge hit! Gochujang is a Korean chili paste.
We just ate and hung out for a few hours while watching the opening ceremony.  It was a pretty eclectic group as all of the couples were from different social circles.  
It was a really fun evening and yay for the Olympics!

No comments:

Post a Comment