Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Minnesota State Fair 2017

It was a kid-free trip to the fair this year.  As usually, we arrived early, about 8am, on Saturday morning.  The fair is so calm and quiet this early.
One of the new attractions was a giant ferris wheel.  We didn't ride it, but it was SO big!
Hey Charger...
Hey Miranda...
Hey cows...
Hey KARE 11...
Hey butter sculptures
The best part of the fair this year was getting to be a part of KFAN's Power Trip Morning show.  They play a game called initials on Fridays and I love.  They were playing single rounds with fans at the fair and I got chosen.  It may or may not have been because I was jumping out of my seat.  I didn't win, but it was a fun experience.  I even has a couple friends text once they heard me on the radio.
If you want to listen to our interaction you can do so here.  I grabbed AJ after to say hey and take a picture.  He makes the show bearable and cleans it up, which I appreciate.
Jimmy's favorite part was the food!  We tried a lot of knew stuff this year and may have to try to do the same next year.  cheese curds, sweet corn dog, big fat bacon, roasted corn, scotch egg, monte cristo, pork chop on a stick, mini donuts, and BBQ baked potato.  So yummy and not too much when you share it.  Can't wait to be back next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment