Saturday, January 12, 2013

A long belated Christmas post!

I will likely spend the next few days updating you on all the happenings at the Herrmann house.  It has been a tough couple months, with lots of sickness going around.  In December we all got a stomach bug, followed swiftly by "flu-like symptoms."  Parker seems to be a revolving door of colds and coughs that Jimmy and I have also been victim to.  Other than the ickiness, the holiday season was pretty fun!  While it wasn't Parker's first Christmas, it certainly was a LOT different than last year.  We woke up pretty early on Christmas morning and let Parker "open" his presents.  He was more into banging on the packages than opening.
I ended up unwrapping most of the gifts for him.

Mega Blocks and a new book!
We headed to my parents house shortly after this to start the days festivities.  Coordinating so many family functions can get tricky, but we made it work.  We ate breakfast and opened presents with the whole family!  Once again, Parker was more interested in the boxes and paper than the gifts he received.
We spent the rest of the day eating and chatting and just hanging out.  That is my favorite kind of holiday!  We also got a picture of the whole clan!  Not sure the last time that happened, maybe never!
Lindsay, Sean, Larry, Cody, Janet, Jayden, Sid, Parker, Bette, Jimmy and Lesa
I hope you had a holiday season as special as ours!  I cant wait till next year!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you've been sick so much. At least it looks like you had a great Christmas :) Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete