Sunday, July 22, 2012

Quick Basement Update (Plus some Parker pictures)

It has been a while since I made a home project update.  I did some work this weekend (and last) as I am slowly whittling away at the checklist.  Last weekend I finally cut the gas valve access hole in the sheetrock and installed the last surround sound speaker!  Jimmy was very excited because he got to do his magic with the final installation of the receiver and sub-woofer!  This weekend I got the AV cabinets that my dad built installed and trimmed out.  Now I just need to get the doors installed so Parker can't play with all the buttons (which he loves!)  These are "hidden" beneath our stairs, which serves two purposes: no big TV cabinet to take up floor space and NO CORDS!  The second is my favorite, especially with a crawling and curious baby!  I also got another section of base trim installed.  My mom watched Parker on Saturday so I could get a lot of this done and I am so thankful!
Speaking of Parker, he is doing great!  As I posted last week, he popped his first tooth.  The second one is coming close behind and we have been dealing with a few cranky moments.  One of his favorite pain relievers is cold watermelon.   He sat on the kitchen floor for 10 minutes just gumming on his mesh teether.  It was the quietest he had been in a couple hours...
We also tried a new food this morning, eggs!  It didn't go so well.  He is not a fan of them...I am not sure if it is a texture thing or a taste thing, but he was not having it!  He did enjoy playing with them though.
That's it for tonight's update, see you all again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment