Sunday, August 6, 2023

4mm and 5mm

The last few days have been quite the adventure.  I was driving home from work Wednesday afternoon when I got a sudden intense abdominal and back pain.  I decided to have Jimmy take me to urgent care before we needed to get the kids thinking it was either a kidney stone or my appendix.  I got labs and a physical exam and then was sent for a CT scan.  Things escalated quickly after that with two kidney stones, 4mm and 5mm, and an infection.  They wanted me to head to the hospital to be monitored.

I went home for a bit to gather some things and wait for the call to come in.  Esme was the sweetest.  She asked me if I needed anything, then sat next to me on the couch to help if needed.  Jimmy dropped me off at Methodist Hospital about 8:15pm and it took a couple hours to get admitted, hooked up, and on some pain meds.
I thought for sure this would be the end of the pool streak, but Jimmy came through by hopping in at 9:30!  I finally got a little bite to eat about 11pm.  This was much needed since I couldn't eat after midnight.  I only got down about half the sandwich, but it was something.
I was actually able to sleep pretty well all things considered.  It was a private room with a shared bathroom, can't complain about that.  I had a consultation in the morning and was told I would get a uretural stent placed in the afternoon. This would allow urine to pass through so they can flush out the infection.  Then I was come back to have the stones removed.
Jimmy was off on Thursday and paid me a morning visit.  He brought a few things I forgot as well.
I sent my cookie and apple sauce home with him and got this cute picture of Esme eating it in the afternoon.  I finally had my procedure about 6pm, which means I got another delicious turkey sandwich.
I did get to watch the Twins win, which was the least they could do for me.
Another decent nights sleep.  Morning was so much better since I actually got toe eat breakfast.  Jimmy was working (he's a cook at Methodist if I haven't mentioned it), but said he wasn't in the habit of looking at names on the orders that come through.  When I opened the lid and saw the "fancy" plating I figured someone noticed it.  he visited me on his breakfast break and took the leftovers with him.
I finally got discharged about 12:30 and decided just to hang around until Jimmy was off at 2.  I headed down to the cafeteria and got a shrimp taco and onion rings.
This must be a new Heinz campaign. The Nebraska ketchup was delicious.
I'm free!  Feeling ok all things considered, but I will be excited when this whole saga is truly over.

No comments:

Post a Comment