Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

It is Parker's first Easter.  We are so excited to share such a special day with him.  We went to the Easter service at our church last night.  Parker had been pretty cranky all day so we weren't sure how he was going to behave.  He must have liked the windows open and lights up because he did great!  

We gave him a bath when we got home and dressed him in his Easter jammies.  We then read the Easter story from his children's Bible as he has his bedtime bottle.  So many holidays can get over-shadowed by the commercialized stuff.  I always said I didn't want to buy (literally) into that, but its hard not to when you have a little one of your own.  I think we will always put a focus on the real meaning of Easter and still let him enjoy some of the commercial fanfare.  

He is Risen!  We will always recognize and praise that.  It is because of this that we can live and enjoy life.

I had to take some fun pictures of P in his jammies.  The green rug in his room felt like the perfect backdrop (is kind of looks like grass!)  I must thank Auntie Julie for the fun hand-me down!  I hope you all have a fabulous day celebrating!






2 comments: